Sunday 19 October 2014

40 day Meditation Journey

I really do want to write a long post about my journey in life so far, where I want to go, what I believe I can achieve and my current sense of direction...buuuut ...I'm quite tired today :)

What I will say however is that I am about to embark on a life changing journey. I am about to go where no Benjamin Jacob Mmari has gone before, I am about to undergo a remarkable period of complete inner transformation, in order to change the universe the world and myself from the inside out. Yes ladies and gentlemen I am about to attempt a 40 day double meditation personal mission.

Earlier on in the year I took part in a Transcendental Meditation course here in Cape Town and looking back on it, it was a great investment. During this course I learnt about a whole new field of meditation, I was introduced to the amazing Maharishi Yogi, I further explored the nature of reality, the impact of my thoughts and most importantly I was reminded of the importance of calming my mind, sitting in silence and detaching from my thoughts.

I am quite proud to say that since I finished that course I have been practicing TM, in the privacy of my own home, with my personal mantra and my ever so eager mind. In the beginning it was always twice a day (energetic times) then sometimes twice a day (busy times) then it was just once a day (lethargic times) and recently, shamefully and disappointingly I have even gone some days without meditating at all (utterly pathetic times).

However over the past few days, from multiple completely unrelated occurrences and conversations with people, I can sense deeply that the Universe is willing me to get myself back on that meditation horse, and when the universe speaks .....I listen.

The goal: Daily meditations for 40 days, twice a day.
The purpose: Self realization, inner exploration and overall personal growth.
Start Date: 19 October 2014.
End date: 28 November 2014.

Meditation over the recent months has honestly had an amazing impact on my life, it has taught me many things about who I am, where I am and the most exciting aspect of life right now...why I am. Honestly, I am not sure what the outcome of this journey will be, but I am ready to find out.

I even set myself up a nice meditation corner (work in progress) and bought me some incense...


Let the inwards journey begin...
----------------------------------------------
"Quieten the mind and the soul will speak"
----------------------------------------------

T4aM
--

No comments:

Post a Comment