Sunday 22 September 2013

Meditation Journal

I started meditating a while ago, well rather i wanted to start meditating and learning about meditation a while ago (2011). I did but then got out of it because i did not dedicate enough time to it and i did not make it a habit. Im trying to get back into it again because i know that it is useful and i can feeeeeeel the potential benefits of it. I know there is something out there- or rather in here.... i am certain of it, its ust a matter of making that connection to it. I think the more time i spend on focusing on this and making it a habit i will be able to tune into the divine. People have various ways of 'getting there' and i think that this is certainly one of them. I'll try do this every day and jot down how i felt and try gauge my progress.

Day 1: 21 September 08:00, back in action, i realized i have a lot of the 'tools' i need for meditating. A nice comfy pillow, a statue and two posters of the Bhudda, a string of beads, a candle. I think i will get myself some incense :D that's actually a plan!!! The session today was good although i was falling asleep i think, and also my throat hurt a bit so that affects my concentration. but i felt like it was soothing and even though i was aware of my surroundings and all i was still in a deeper sense of consciousness, at least i think i was. i think this journey wil be an exciting one and i am really looking forward to learning more about this art and about the universe within :)

Day 2: 22 September 07:00. O.k and now i am learning about Astral Projection and Out Of Body Experiences :D, this is so exciting because this does not even sound supernatural for me. I am at the stage in my life where i believe in these things not as supernatural but as completely possible .this is how life is and what we as humans are capable of :) so glad i can relate to this, let the learning continue, meditation later on tonight :)
Continue: got home at 02:30 BUT! I meditated.  Had wanted to buy incense but had no time so just got a lighter for my candle. It was a beautiful experience,  so silent I could hear the candle fire, and align my vibrations/thoughts to it. I really enjoyed it, much better than the previous attempt.

Day 3: It keeps getting better hey, i made a huge realization: all this time i have been consciously breathing, but actually i am supposed to be Watching my breath, and it was just such a huge realization that i made. The body doesn't need us and our consciousness to breath, it can breath without us!, so when we just silently watch out breath we realize that there is something separate from this physical body, something that inhabits it, or that animates it. the body is just a vessel, that is guided my nature, it is not who we are, but rather what we are in this dimension of reality(Breath of Life).

Day 4 : Enjoying my meditations a lot more now, and early morning meditations (03:00-04:00) are AMAZING, there is just so much silence and stillness around, it is extremely conducive :)

Day 5: went to a 'Buddhist temple' today, he spoke about 'anger and patience' it was a nice message, although it could have been executed much much better. Either way the meditation was great :) i'm learning a whole lot more each day.

Day 6: was tired but i meditated :) trying to make it a habit.

Day 7: Listening to Wayne Dyer again, and his talks on meditation and giving up time to live in silence.beautiful.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16/10/2013 12:51 pm - K i've been so busy that i cannot write every time that i have a young session. :/
BUT! i do feel that chanting is much easier for me, i enjoy it a lot more and i can calm my mind much easier.
The Krishna mantra is the future, i wish i had some sort of scientific evidence that proves its effects. The words, the music, they just move me. So that is the tip i have been on. I also have silent sessions as they too are very valuable and effective. I must say that i feel much better now, with these frequent meditation sessions. In silence we hear everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment