Sunday 30 March 2014

I am me. .. aren't I?

I've been feeling a bit down lately. It seems like a lack of confidence, being a bit unstable in my life. I think it has something to do with where I am, the who that I am and that of who I think I am supposed to be.
Being in the working world is so different from being in the student world. I used to have the end in sight at each level of my academic life, but now there does not seem to be an 'end'. There are no more axademic ladders  to climb, no more tests to ace, exams to overcome. It's just work, day in and day out. And yes I work at an amazing place, with amazing people. I am just getting used to it all. With work, with me, with life with everything....

The environment is something that I am still adjusting to, people around me all day everyday.  In varsity I could quickly leave campus and hide away in my room..my fortress.. but now,  now I have someone by my side 8 hours a day. Whether I like it or not. I'm glad they are cool people in the office but still It's a big chance for me that is anti - society and at most times pro introversion. .I really can only take so much of people because I feel like it's a lot of pressure on my part. But I am slowly learning to be me around others and to accomodate the perpetual company.  Well...mostly cause I have no choice :|

Anyways the TED talks that I have been watching recently have helped a lot. The jist of it is basically the following.
1) Embrace yourself and don't be afraid of being you.
2)  Don't  let society change who you are and what you are. - Don't let the outer voices convince your inner voice.
3) Focus on the now...The future will sort itself out as you go along. 
4) be awesome. ..be great. Remember what makes you smile,  what gives you energy.


I think being around so many people I have so many ideas of who I should be but in this commotion I am losing track of who i actually am and who I want to be. So many thoughts. .so many desires
So much confusion :|. But I know I'll get back on track, eventually.  I know there is a reason why I am here. And I'm sure I'll figure it all out, cause I always have.  A large part of me feels that it's time for a big change. . I'm just trying to figure out what exactly.
But I will.. and I am... I am and I will be.
-----------
T4aM. 
----------

No comments:

Post a Comment